Temple Anshe Hesed Mission Statement
Temple Anshe Hesed is a Reform Jewish congregation guided by Torah and dedicated to perpetuating Judaism and its traditions through education, worship, and social action in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
A Brief History….
The Anshe Hesed (People of Loving Kindness) Burial Society was established in 1846 and formed as a congregation in 1862. In 1875, Anshe Hesed became an early member of The Union of American Hebrew Congregations (now The Union for Reform Judaism).
The current building was dedicated in June of 1930. The facilities have been enhanced by many expansions and refurbishments.
Throughout our history, we have welcomed Jews from foreign shores who have added strength and diversity to the congregation.
Eleven distinguished rabbis have occupied our pulpit, including Max C. Currick who served from 1901-1948.
Since 1998, Rabbi John L. Bush has been the spiritual leader of Temple Anshe Hesed.